MODERN DAY PHARISEE 111
BITTER TRUTH 7: NOW THAT YOU HAVE FOUND LOVE (3)
[A message by PASTOR IDOWU ILUYOMADE at Digging for Gold Service on Tuesday, March 28, 2017]
JOHN 3:1 - “There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.”
PSALM 91:4 - “He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust: His truth shall be thy shield and buckler.”
JOHN 18:33-38 - “…Pilate saith unto Jesus, what is truth…?”
In the last two weeks, we analysed experiences of people that were successfull in their marital pursuits. We studied the various strategies employed which worked for them.
EXPERIENCES OF SUCCESSFUL PURSUIT
- HUSBAND: The journey of marriage is very delicate so I was keen on knowing the will of God for my life, and I involved a lot of Brethren to pray along with me. Though I came across several women and in God’s own time, He led my wife to my office to apply for a job. While all the applicants were waiting for me, the devil wanted to displace her. A particular man sat beside her and discouraged her from waiting for the interview, but God locked her down and she waited. Shortly after meeting with her, I knew she was the best of God for my life. As soon as I saw her something, struck me. After the interview, I escorted her out, when I got to my car I offered her something…
WIFE: After my NYSC, I needed to get a job fast because my father would not give me any money. My sisters and I saw a job vacancy advert in the newspapers and they thought I should apply for it since it was close to my house. I went on a Friday and was told to come back the next Monday. I dropped my CV and joined others in waiting for the boss to come. A particular guy tried to discourage me from waiting for the interview saying the marketing job role was just a strategy of the company in making money. I thought in my mind that we came separately so why would he tell me to leave. The boss later came and the interview commenced. When it got to my turn, he interviewed me and he said I could start working the next day. He gave me a tomato purée and he said he got it from a trade fair. Could this have been a sign that she would soon be permanently cooking for him as his wife?
It is going to be easier than you think because God can orchestrate it that you meet yourselves on a platform like this. Some people missed it in the university, but outside university, there is the workplace, and the Church is a cool easy platform.
- My Honey (husband) and I went to the same secondary school, and he was just a class ahead of me. When we graduated from high school, we went to separate universities. After my NYSC programme, we met in Lagos where I went for an interview in a bank he was about to resume work with. He recognised me, called my name in full and asked what I was doing at the bank. I could not recognise him at first, then he reminded me of his name and I asked him what he was doing at the bank. He told me he was about to start working with the bank. I told him I went to Owerri to see my parents and I came to apply for a job and he said the bank had stopped recruiting. I asked him what could be done and he said I should see the HR Manager to reschedule me for an interview. I saw the HR and I was denied. Before I left he asked me where I stayed, I wrote down my address in his notebook and he said it is close to my brother’s house. We went our separate ways until after six months, we met again in another bank where we both came to apply for a job. He told me to he lost his job in the previous bank we met earlier. In the course of our discussion, I reminded him of how he promised to visit me 6 months earlier and he never showed up. He said I should not worry, he will come. He requested for my address again and brought out the same notebook I wrote my address the first time. We saw my handwriting and we laughed about it, and he promised to visit. When he eventually visited, he met me cooking and said he could cook better than me, and we argued about it. Afterwards, we started cooking competitions to show who could cook better. Today, we are happily married and our marriage is in its 10th year.
There’s the bone of your bone and the flesh of your flesh somewhere. Maybe both parties were dull of hearing and didn’t visit for six months, but God used their common hobby (cooking) to bring them together.
- I met my Honey (husband) online, he sent me an email saying that he saw my profile picture on Facebook, and liked my smile. He asked me if I could show him around town. I lived in a village in America and I was wondering where to show him so I ignored the message for three months. When I was cleaning out my inbox, I saw the message again and my sister encouraged me to say hi to him. So, I sent him a message to ask if he was still available, as I was ready to show him around town and we started talking. We met at a restaurant, we started talking and I found out that he liked to eat good food. On our third date, I invited him to the house and cooked for him, and he started coming almost every day to eat. Afterwards, he introduced me to his parents and we are now married for almost nine years.
You must learn how to cook, God works in mysterious ways – you can meet your partner on any platform. You will not delete his details in Jesus name!
POWER OF AGREEMENT
God says none shall want their mate. Satan is anti-Christ, and does not want the plans and purposes of God to be accomplished in your life. Satan is against unity and marriages. He attacked the first marriage between Adam and Eve. Also, at the marriage in Cana of Galilee, he made sure the wine ran out; he always attacks the unity of Christ and the Church. Indeed, Isaiah 5:4 says “Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.” Hell has enlarged its mouth to receive more people descending into hell, thereby attempting to depopulate those that will attend the marriage supper of the Lamb. Satan knows “Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour” (Ecclesiastes 4:9); He knows “...one shall put to flight a thousand, and two shall put to flight ten thousand” (Leviticus 26:8; Deuteronomy 32:30). Jesus Christ gave us a key in Matthew 18:19 which says “Again I say unto you, that if TWO OF YOU SHALL AGREE ON EARTH AS TOUCHING ANYTHING THAT THEY SHALL ASK, IT SHALL BE DONE FOR THEM OF MY FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN.” This Scripture accentuates the power of agreement. Ecclesiastes 4:12 [NLT] says “A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.” Satan does not want people to marry. Even after you get married, he still prowls because he knows Genesis 11:6 [NLT] says “Look!” he said. “The people are united, and they all speak the same language. After this, nothing they set out to do will be impossible for them!”
Remember, the power of agreement recorded in Matthew 18:19, so we will agree with the Scriptures below:
· Father, we agree with your Word that none shall be barren in the land, and none shall want their mate. By His stripes we were already healed 2,000 years ago in Jesus Name. Father, let there be manifestations of Your Word that has been settled in Jesus Name (Isaiah 34:16, 1 Peter 2:24).
· Father, we agree with Your Word that starting from now, everything that we lay our hands to do (venture, business, career, etc.) shall prosper in the name of Jesus. Father, we agree that none shall cast their young, no more abortions, failed businesses, and we shall be fruitful in every area of our lives. Our businesses, our body shall be fruitful and our dreams shall come to pass in Jesus name (Deuteronomy 30:9, Exodus 23:26).
· Father, we agree that we shall be promoted, we will be the head, and not be the tail; we will be number one, we will be the best, we will be above only and never beneath, no more ups and downs in our lives because we are rooted in Christ, we are planted in the house of the LORD and we will continue to flourish (business, dreams, career) in Jesus Name (Deuteronomy 28:13, Psalm 92:13).
· Father, we come against every decree of untimely death in Jesus name. We agree that we shall not die, we will not bury our children, we will not bury anyone in this Church and our families before their time. We will not die but live to continue to declare the works of the LORD in Jesus name. Every agreement with death is cancelled in Jesus name. We come against everything that can promote death, sickness, and sorrow in Jesus name. Every covenant of untimely death from the pit of hell to take us out in the midst of our days shall not stand in Jesus name (Psalm 118:17, Psalm 128:6).
· Father, we agree that everyone that has drawn out a sword to attack us, the sword will enter their hearts, their bows will be broken in Jesus name. We agree that God will arise and all His enemies will be scattered and let them that hate Him flee from Him. As smoke is driven away, so drive away our enemies, and as wax melts before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God. Everyone that digs a hole for us will fall into it, everyone that draws a sword to kill us will be killed by the sword in Jesus name (Psalm 37:14-15, Psalm 68:1-2).
Jacob pursued Rachel for seven (7) years but Satan stepped in and scattered all the plans so that the journey of seven years became 14 years. Satan is the one behind delays and disappointments, he scuttles destines. Daniel 10:12 says that from the day that Daniel prayed, God heard him and dispatched the answer. From the day you desired that object of your pursuit (marriage, financial breakthrough, etc.), God heard you and He dispatched the answer. The Bible says Satan intercepts the answers and causes satanic delay until God sends reinforcement. Satan’s agenda as revealed in Daniel 7:25 [AMP] is to weary the saints and make you give up. Some people are already weary, tired, frustrated, or have suffered various disappointments. Some may say God has forsaken and forgotten them, but they should know that the Bible says that God cannot forget us because our names are written in the palms of His hands.
Pray that God should revisit your case, requests, and prayers in Jesus name. Pray that God should send reinforcement and dislodge any satanic obstacle or roadblocks that is blocking the fulfillment of your destiny, and prayers in Jesus name!
When Daniel was thrown in the lions den, a stone was brought and laid at the mouth of the den; and the king sealed it with his own signet and the signet of his lords; that their purpose might not be changed concerning Daniel (Daniel 6:17). Embargoes and seals may have been placed on you; the same God that broke through the king's seal on Daniel in the lions den will break every satanic seal in your life in Jesus name. Pray that every seal or embargo placed upon your progress, dreams or destiny, should break and remove right now in Jesus name!
Some of the problems may be from our foundations. One of the names of God is the Ancient of Days and He is able to deal with root causes because He was there before creation, and before all those that cursed and affected our foundations came together. Daniel 7:21-22 says “I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them. Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.” In some families, marriage is a problem or having children is a problem. Whatever is the root cause of your problem, your sorrow, pain and delay ends today in Jesus name! No more failures and disappointments as you call on the Ancient of Days.
Call upon the Ancient of Days, the One that knows the root cause of your problems; ask Him to attend to your situation, go to the root cause of your problems and destroy them in Jesus Name. Declare that from now on, you want to possess your possessions in Jesus name!
Some pursuers are tired and wounded, but Isaiah 40:29 says “He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.” The devil has put a scale on some people’s eyes that they cannot locate the object of their pursuit. Pray that every blindfold that have been placed upon you, every scale and spiritual covering on my face that is not making you to behold your destiny, blessing, and spouse; let them fall off right now in Jesus name! Pray also that every veil cast upon you that is hindering your pursuer from locating you.
Some people need wisdom, tactics and creativity (Daniel 1:17). Pray that God will give you all the wisdom that you require to excel in your pursuits in Jesus name!
Some people are afraid to make a move, but you must make the move because God has not given you the spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7). Pray against the spirit of fear and declare to yourself that “I am bold as a lion. I will make the move concerning my pursuit and I will conquer in Jesus name!”
Some people just need help from God. In Mark 9:24, the father of the child cried “LORD, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.”
God had opened the way for Lot and his children to escape destruction but he was still lingering; the angels laid their hands upon them and pushed them out of that place towards their destiny (Genesis 19:15). Father, You know where You want me to be, every assistance and holy push that I need, do it right now in Jesus name! Father, let Your angels lay hold on me and push me towards my destiny in Jesus name!
Galatians 6:2 says “Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.” A burden is a weight that weighs down. If you don’t want to marry a man, stop keeping him; don’t friend zone him to waste his time, throw them back to the pool. An adage says ‘stop smelling the meat that you won’t eat.’
Finally, You are blind and cannot see if you have never surrendered your life to Jesus Christ. If you accept Jesus Christ as your personal LORD and Saviour, the scales on your eyes will fall off and God will give you a fresh start. If you are willing to repent and surrender your life to Jesus Christ, then pray this prayer right now: LORD Jesus, I come to You right now. I know I am a sinner, please forgive me my sins. With my mouth, I confess that Jesus, from today I accept You as the LORD of my life. Change my heart from a heart that is disobedient to a heart that will obey You. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit. I believe that it is because of me that You came into this world; You died for my sins, take away my problems also. Write my name in the Book of Life and give me a fresh start in Jesus Mighty Name.
This is an excerpt, to get the complete message in CD & DVD, please visit the Word & Sound stand or visit the sermons podcast on our website.