Jesus, the Ultimate Helper
A Message preached by Pastor Jide Kolade at the Sunrise Service on Sunday, July 23, 2017
Bible Texts: Acts 3:2-9, Acts 3:12-16 [KJV]
From the story of the lame man at the Beautiful Gate, we can learn some facts:
1. The man who was lame from birth was located. Psalm 89:20 says "I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him." This implies that God is looking for those He wants to help and transform their lives. The lame man was located, and hence, his prayers did not go unnoticed.
2. He attracted attention. The lame man at the Beautiful Gate attracted Peter and John, and he was attended to (Mark 10:46-52).
3. The lame man was touched. Whenever God touches a man, miracles are inevitable. The Bible is full of examples of people who were touched by God and received help from above. In John 9:1-7, we read of the story of a man who was born blind and was healed after he received a touch from Jesus Christ. In addition, we read of a man in Matthew 8:1-3 who was called by the problem he was going through; but after he went to meet Jesus and said he was willing to be healed, Jesus touched him, he was healed and made whole.
Why help from above? Why do you need help from above in this month of July (a month usually referred to as the month of perfection)? Ecclesiastes 9:11 says "I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." From this Scripture, we can glean the following:
1. The race is not to the swift. This means it is not about who is fast, swift or about those who have gone ahead of you; in this month, help from above will locate you. This month, you will rise (Psalms 20:7-8) and your season of sorrow is over in Jesus Name (Psalm 30:5).
2. The battle is not to the strong. A winner might not necessarily be the strongest. In 1 Samuel 17:44-50, we read about Goliath, a warrior who had an encounter with David; and after this encounter, David defeated him. Why? Because David received help from above. Winning a battle is not about your understanding or qualifications, it is about God fighting on your behalf.
3. The bread is not to the wise. Having bread is not the same thing as having the appetite to consume the bread.
4. Riches is not to men of understanding. Proverbs 10:22 says "The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it."
5. Favour is not to men of skill. Zechariah 4:6 says "Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, this is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts."
6. Time and chance happens to all. It only takes those who listen to the mind of God to be able to know that in the month of perfection, you need help from above (1 Chronicles 12:32).
Time can be a season or the move of the Holy Spirit. Time can also be a burden from God. Hence, if you have not accepted Jesus Christ into your life as your personal LORD and Saviour, this is the season and today is the day to do so. Jesus, the Ultimate Helper is ready to help you and change your life for the better. Don't be ashamed to surrender your life to Jesus Christ. Have you backslidden? Re-dedicate your life to Jesus Christ, and He will help you, forgive your sins, write your name in the Book of Life, and your life will never be the same again.
This is an excerpt, to get the complete message in CD & DVD, please visit the Word & Sound stand or visit the sermons podcast on our website.