DON'T HIDE IT
Excerpts of Pastor Jide Kolade’s Message at the Sunrise Service on Sunday, October 29, 2017
Bible Text: Matthew 25:14-30 [KJV]
From the reference text, we see everyone has been given a talent. Ephesians 4:8 [KJV] says "Wherefore He saith, when He ascended up on high, He led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men." You need to use the talent given to you and you need to maximize your potential. Maximizing potential results in greater opportunities, while the neglect of it might result not only in the loss of more opportunities, but of that which was entrusted to you.
The lessons from the reference text are:
1. You don't have the power to generate anointing, but you have the power to protect it. Whenever God places an anointing on someone, it is for a specific task or purpose. God expects you to make use of that which He has given you. Why? Because destinies are attached to your potential. There are some people's salvation attached to your potential. Romans 8:19 [KJV] says "For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God." God has to settle you because others have to move forward. You are God's representative here on earth, hence, the need for you to maximize potential (John 14:12). I pray that God's investment upon your life will not be a waste in Jesus Name.
2. Your word is a reflection of the inner you (Matthew 25:15). What do you have inside of you (Luke 5:4)? Are you dominated by the spirit of fear? Be mindful of what you carry inside of you.
3. Your confession is a reflection of your knowledge. You must have revelation of who you are in Christ Jesus. For example, when you operate in God's economy, money is not the major resource. The absence of money does not mean you are poor (2 Corinthians 8:9). You need to know your worth. The man with one talent in the reference text did not know his worth.
4. Abide in the revelation in the Word of God. As you apply the Word of God, you will be able to attain the unattainable. Let the Word of God dwell in you richly (Colossians 3:16).
What Must You Do To Maximize Potential?
1. Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking guile (Proverbs 18:21). As you trust God for maximizing your potential, speak positively concerning your situation.
2. Avoid fruitlessness. God does not want you to experience fruitlessness (Luke 13:6-7, John 15:1-2); He is interested in you being fruitful.
3. Consecrate your life to God (John 12:23-26). If you have not yet surrendered your life to Jesus Christ, you need to do so today.
4. Declare Scriptures in expectation of the maximizing of your potential (Matthew 12:37).
In conclusion, your being in this world is not an accident (Romans 8:28). God has given you a talent; don't look down on yourself, take advantage of what God has given you. Don't complain, don't hide your talent. Stop hiding behind excuses, maximize your potential. You cannot afford to be hidden (Matthew 5:14-13). If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your personal LORD and Saviour, you need to be in a relationship with Him. You can only maximize potential if you have accepted Jesus Christ to your life.
This is an excerpt, to get the complete message in CD & DVD, please visit the Word & Sound stand or visit the sermons podcast on our website.