All Things Are Possible
Excerpts of Pastor Idowu Iluyomade's Sermon at the November 2017 Thanksgiving Service on Sunday, November 5, 2017
Bible Text: Luke 18:27 "And He said, the things which are impossible with men are possible with God."
There are two main words in our reference text that requires definition - ‘impossible’ and ‘possible.’
The word 'impossible' means it’s not able to occur, exist or be done. Jesus says the things that are unachievable by men are clearly achievable by God. For example, it is humanly impossible for:
- A man or woman who is dead to come back to life for Hebrews 9:27 says "It is appointed unto man once to die and after this judgement."
- The Red Sea to part and the land will dry up immediately (Exodus 14:22).
- A man to walk on water (Matthew 14:22-33).
- A leper to dip himself in a river seven times and then his skin changed like that of a new born baby (2 Kings 5:1-19).
- Very dry bones of people that had been dead for many years to come back and become an exceeding great army (Ezekiel 37:1-14).
- To be thrown into a den of lions, sleep and wake up the following morning without a scratch (Daniel 6).
- A man of hundred years old and his wife of ninety years to conceive and give birth to a child (Genesis 21:1-7).
- An axe-head that had dropped into a river to float (2 Kings 6:1-7).
The word 'possible' means something that can be done, something that can happen or something that can be achieved by God. In Jeremiah 32:27, God asked, "Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?" Psalm 65:2 and 1 John 5:14-15 tells us that God is the One that answers prayers, and we have confidence that every prayer we offer to Him in line with His will, will surely be answered by Him. If God can hear your prayer requests, then He can answer (Psalm 61:2). What is impossible for man is possible for God because God speaks into nothingness and whatever He says must come to pass. (Romans 4:17). He is a self-existing God and He can create something from absolutely nothing.
We know it is humanly impossible for man to raise the dead, but with God, it is possible for a dead situation, an abandoned dream, or a stinking corpse to come back to life or be restored. We have a God Who can restore what is lost. We see a manifestation of this truth in Luke 8:43-48, when the woman with the issue of blood had an encounter with Jesus; her fountain of blood dried up and her health was restored. I prophesy that everything good that you have lost will be restored to you today in Jesus Mighty Name.
For you to experience the impossible, you need to partner with God with Whom nothing is impossible. Hence, you need to believe God. The reason Peter could do what was humanly impossible by walking on water was because he believed (Matthew 14:29). Mark 9:23 says, "If you can believe, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE TO THEM THAT BELIEVE." God is speaking to you today that if you can only believe, that situation you think is hopeless can be turned around for the better. The same God Who told Naaman to wash in River Jordan is saying that your Sun shall no more go down.
This is the month of possibilities; implying God has already made all things possible for us. To experience possibilities this month;
1. You Need to Be Born Again: Isaiah 1:15 says "And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood." If you are living in sin, God cannot do the impossible in your life or hear your prayers (Isaiah 59:1-3, Proverbs 15:8, Amos 5:22-23).
2. Hold unto God's Promise For You (Numbers 23:19, Isaiah 55:1).
3. Pray: Mark 11:24 says "Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."
4. You Must Not Give Up: Isaiah 62:6 says "I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the Lord, keep not silence."
5. You Must Believe (Mark 9:23, John 11:40, Philippians 4:19).
6. Praise God and Dance (Psalm. 67:5-7): As you praise God, He will bless you. In addition, when God does the impossible in your life, ensure that you testify and give God all the glory.
The word impossible does not exist in God's dictionary, and hence, you need to change that word to I'm Possible. That is why in Philippians 4:13, Apostle Paul says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." You need to believe that there will be no more limitations in your way. You need to believe that it is possible for your dreams to come true, for God to bless you, and for your joy to be full. Job 8:7 says "Though thy beginning was small, yet thy latter end should greatly increase." This will be your best month yet in Jesus Mighty Name.
In conclusion, if you don't know Jesus Christ as your personal LORD and Saviour, God cannot do the impossible in your life. However, God is willing to help you, to forgive your sins, and make all things possible for you. If you are willing to repent and surrender your life to Jesus Christ and you want to testify, then pray this prayer right now: LORD Jesus, I come to You right now. I know I am a sinner, please forgive me my sins. With my mouth, I confess that Jesus, I accept You as the LORD of my life. Please change my heart from a disobedient heart to an obedient heart. I believe that it is because of me You came into this world. You died for my sins, You took away my sins, take away my problems also. Please write my name in the Book of Life, and make me brand new in Jesus Mighty Name.
This is an excerpt, to get the complete message in CD & DVD, please visit the Word & Sound stand or visit the sermons podcast on our website.